Friday, January 30, 2009

Title Song from the new CD


My name be Blue


Live by myself, near New Orleans, I like the music and the Gumbo too.
It’s raining hard, it’s been a long day, I’m kind of hungry in that Bayou way.
Get in my car, drive to the store, I need file for my shrimp etouffee.
It’s pouring down, Louisiana style; I strain my eyes just to see the line.
I see a girl, standing in the rain, water's dripping from her hair.
I stop the car ,right by her side, open the door and say come inside.
"I’ll give you a ride, so you can get dry, wont you just come inside? "
She has a smile, she has wistful eyes, shakes her hair, water's flying through the air,
She holds up a flower, all wilted and dead ,and this is what she says:
My name be Blue and I tell you true
I don’t need no ride
I don’t need to get dry
But you had better run and hide
There’s trouble brewing for you
My name be Blue and I tell you true
The other side is waiting for you.
I look at her thinking, what a fool, but she keeps on speaking, very softly too .
"A strange man, he be looking for you, he’s dressed in black and his eyes are red.
He wears a feather, right through his head, where he walks, the grass is all dead
He’s just a few steps, behind me now, you better turn this car around."
I lean over, ask a final time, "are you coming with me, do you want to ride?"
She smiles so sweetly, with a tear in her eye; she shakes her head and says
My name be Blue and I tell you true
I don’t need no ride
I don’t need to get dry
But you had better run and hide
There’s trouble brewing for you
My name be Blue and I tell you true
The other side is waiting for you.
I drive away; I shake my head, some things are better left unsaid.
I take the curve, he’s standing there, I hit the brakes and I start to swear.
Lightning in my eyes, copper taste of blood, what the hell is going on?
His eyes are burning, like amber at night, a feather sticks out from the skull heads side.
And then I see her, standing right behind, she looks at me, and I then hear her sigh
My name be Blue and I told you true
I don’t need no ride
I don’t need to get dry
But you should have taken my advice
Now the trouble caught up to you
My name be Blue and I told you true
The other side now has got you too.
Listen children, when you’re told, there’s someone out there in the cold
waiting for you ,young or old !
Hear you angel when she sings, and listen to the love that she brings!
My name be Blue, and I tell you true
I don’t need no ride
I don’t need to get dry
But you had better run and hide
There’s trouble brewing for you
My name be Blue and I tell you true
The other side is waiting for you.
The other side is waiting for you


(c-B.Kirby - Braindead Muse -2009)

1 comment: